Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting out and about again

I decided that whether my GPS wanted to work with my laptop or not I was going caching!

I found a easy one yesterday


Today I told the hubby i was going out and invited him along. he begrudgingly hopped in the car. We struck out on the first try- a micro I had attempted before without any luck. (Maybe the third time will work). Then we headed down by the river for a level 4 difficulty. I figured if we couldn't find that one we'd head home. We followed the GPS to within 10 feet and began the intense hunt. As we searched an older truck pulled within 15 feet, parked and the occupants sat watching the river nearby. A few minutes later the passenger tossed a bottle out her window in our direction. We moved away. They left shortly after and that is when the hubby spotted the cache. So we signed the log and headed to the 3rd cache. Super easy find. On to the fourth and final cache. Another easy find. We dropped a coin and singed the log.

As we headed to our victory ice cream stop the hubby started to discuss how it may be a good idea to look into a hang gun since the occupants of the truck did not appear to be very friendly. I am not opposed to guns and do not intend to carry a sidearm while caching but we went to look a few. I did not think we would purchase one but we did.

It's funny how easy it was- 45 minutes and here is his spiffy new toy.


Complete with the warning card.


Now I get to pick a really cool computer!!

1 comment:

Hugo Nana said...

OMG! I glad they didn't get any closer! Sounds like my hubby, "oh! Better buy a gun!"