Friday, September 4, 2009

A DNF day

Since I have been without a job for a whole week I decided to spend a day geocaching.
I grabbed the DeLorme EathMate PN-40 (now fixed) and downloaded a couple caches I hadn't yet and headed out before my daughter showed up to have me "babysit"... again.

Before starting I hit Sonic for a Cherry Limeade.

First cache Mall Holiday 2... been here before, old GPS keep pinting to under my truck! I walked over to where I expected it to be & there it was! FIND #1!!
Secnd attempt was Refuel! ... bad idea at 1PM... on the corner of busy & busier! will try on a sleepless night.
Third cache Is Bill Bored?... parked, walked straight toward it... searched a bit toward the ground then looked up & BINGO! Find 2!
Next attempt was Take me out to the Ball Game... searched, searched, searched... DNF #1
Then up Richard Lionheart... ouch... DNF #2
Onto Sunrise Park... super easy find & spiffy containter. Find #2.
Now Bad Motor Scooters... climbed a tree and DNF #3

Called for help. I was in the right spot, should've been there. damn.

Cache attempt #8 was What Happened to the Houses? I got a lot of signal bounce and I was getting tired so it was a quick DNF (#4)
For a change I tried one by a different cacher and headed to find Gloriana. It is located by the Church where my Late Uncle Fr. Tony retired to before his death, so it's a special place for me. I searched a bit and then had to call it my final DNF of the day.

Total 3 finds & 6 DNF (even though refuel is not technically a DNF)

I am not discouraged.

No comments: