Saturday, May 15, 2010

It was a lovely day to geocache

May 14, 2010 was the nicest day we have seen in a few months! I had cabin fever so I grabbed my gps & headed out. The plan? 4 geocaches before meeting the Hubby for lunch!

I arrived at cache #1 (one I had found in it's first two forms before) and knew it would be a super easy find.


Oh look! A Waymark!



Made it to the top


SCORE!


Back in Shiny & my favorite song of the moment was on!

Then it was on to my first DNF of the day. I pulled up to the cache area and searched. I searched high and low for 10 minutes then text for help. Even with a hint I could not find it. Time was running short so I headed out to cache #3. Well that one had me all over an area of GF I am not familiar with. Not good. I did find this cool house:But that was when I started to think I should quit while I can still find my way home!

I had to race across town to meet the Hubby!
I pulled into the restaurant parking lot & thought at first this was him


Close but he rides a blue Honda Shadow

I went inside to wait


He was detained by the Wing Commander. I was lucky to get the 45 minutes for lunch we had when he could get there.

I think I should have more days like this. OK, maybe more successful geocaching days but this was a nice day to be out & about anyway.

Happy caching!

No comments: